Tuesday, February 2, 2010

movies, worms, and a barn

Good morning to all of you!

It was so much fun to read all about your week, Ali.  And I love "You Can't Take it With You," with it's crazy household of fireworks-makers and artists, especially the not-very-talented ballerina and musician couple... : )  But, best of all, it stars my favorite actress ever, Jean Arthur!  Have you seen "The More the Merrier" and "A Lady Takes a Chance"?  Both wonderful Jean Arthur movies, the latter starring John Wayne, too...  Look for the part where she feels his arm muscle...hee hee.

By the way, Hannie, I believe I've met Carlisle I. Inchworm's relatives, and I think the reason he's so particular about the I is that he was named after his great-grandfather, Ignacio Inchworm, of whom he's very proud.

In other news, we've had an exciting few days - we're buying a building!  Two buildings, actually - it's a small piece of land in Dover with a teeny tiny old house and a nice big newish barn.  It's the barn and the land we especially want - it's going to be Sandeep's new office, for seeing outpatients and holding educational meetings for nursing home nurses and for family members.  The house is being rented out, and we'll leave it like that for awhile.  We signed the purchase and sales agreement today, so now it's on to inspections and such...eek!  Exciting, and just a little bit scary!

love, Jess and Sandeep


3 comments:

  1. Jess! I'm so glad you love these movies too. I remember Jean Arthur's name, but can't remember any other movies I've seen with her. Thanks for the recommendations...I'm going to have Han look into them.

    Congratulations on your new building! Let us know if you need any help with anything...Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops! I removed my other comment...ah well, it happens...You're right! That IS why he was firm about the "I"...I'll have to leafmail him and tell him that you met some of his relatives...he will be so excited! Last time a heard from him, he was just heading out for a winter vacation in New Mexico....Congrats on the house/barn, that's really cool! Also, I think we might be watching one of those movies tonight, thanks for the recommendation!~Hannahoot

    ReplyDelete