Saturday, February 27, 2010

Snowy Saturday

We're feeling very lucky over here.  We have electricity!  We were planning to be refugees to Mom and Dad's house this weekend, thinking that our power wouldn't come back for days, especially when we drove through town after town all without electricity and with trees down everywhere.  We did get our electricity back last evening, though, so we  had dinner with Mom and Dad and then came back home, to make sure all of our appliances weren't going wild... : )  We don't even have any big branches down here, probably thanks to the tree men who pruned our big old trees very nicely this past fall.

We went cross-country skiing in town this afternoon, on an rails-to-trails trail; it was lovely, not too cold but still snowing. 

Hope you are all warm and dry!

love, Jess and Sandeep



4 comments:

  1. Hey, we just went skiing too! Or at least, I did....Matt and my mom and dad (they snowshoed) and I skied over at the Greeley Road Farm--through lots of picker bushes and barb wire! But it was very nice, because I after, while I was sitting atop a fence post, in the falling snow, I got to watch the (very full and HUGE!) moon rise.........
    what a b-e-a-uuutiful end to the day....~Hannahoot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Hannie - that sounds just lovely!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was, I wish I hadn't forgotten my camera....oh well, I'll just have to paint it....~Hannahoot

    ReplyDelete