Okay, sharing some quick news...
We're off and running into another week. I am working more hours than I have in a very long time. I have my regular work at the office and am also working on 3 different quality projects. Several meetings, webinars and conference calls. I love it though...it keeps me interested. I currently go into work at 5 am in order to get home by 10. Then we work to get our school work done!
We still have our farm-job as well and since our employer is now gone 5 days a week we have a bit more to do. The kids and I have a great routine though...they both have their jobs...Matt gets the horses feed ready...chopping apples and carrots and getting the grain as well. Han collects the eggs and takes care of the chickens. We all work together to wash the eggs and take care of the dog and cat.
We've all had our own learning projects going...Arn has been listening to 1776 by David McCullough and loves it. He was never that interested in history, but I think that's changing. The kids and I are currently reading the Joy Hakim history series A History of US. Matt, in particular is enjoying this. He is also reading books that correspond with the time-period. I'm hoping we can do several field trips to historical sites in the spring.
Arn, Han and I recently watched Food, Inc....I highly recommend it. Disturbing on many levels, but important. Hannie is now reading the companion book. We also read Food Rules by Michael Pollan. It's quite an experience grocery shopping with my daughter now!
We have been watching old movies once a week (I love Netflix, watch it now!)...last week we watched "You can't take it with you"...1938 Jimmy Stewart movie. This may be our new favorite! We recommend it highly!
Arn is getting the hiking itch of late. We recently joined the Ascutney Mountain Club and he received a family membership to the AMC for Christmas. He's been cross-country skiing quite a bit and snowshoeing as well, but I think the mountains are calling him! He's been looking at mountaineering information and today found a great site http://www.animatedknots.com/ . Our knot of the week is the figure-eight.
Hope you're all well and that we'll be seeing you on the 20th. ~Ali
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment