Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Yippee SNOW, a book and 2 recipes

What a beautiful morning!  So glad that we received a bit more snow for the mid-winter sliding celebration on Saturday.  Hope to get out and do a little skiing later in the day and Matt and I have plans to get the sliding run ready as well.

Just finished listening to The Help by Kathryn Stockett.  I rarely read/listen to adult fiction....too much non-fiction and kid's fiction to enjoy with Han and Matt, but a couple times a year I indulge myself.  I really loved this book...the audio book was amazing... one of the best I've heard.  Anyone else read this?  The kids and I are just starting to listen to Tom Sawyer.

I tried two new yummy recipes this week.  http://www.recipezaar.com/The-Easiest-Bestest-Focaccia-Bread-Ever-27968 and http://www.recipezaar.com/Grannys-Slow-Cooker-Vegetarian-Chili-51140 YUMMY YUMMY on both. These may show up as special guests on Saturday. 

Hoping to try a new scone recipe today.  One of my happiest, treasured traditions with the kids is a  tea and reading time with a special home-made snack.  It's actually been awhile since we've done this...it's been difficult to get it in with farm chores.  Now that we can push chores back to 5 we have more time to fit it in.

~love to all....Ali



1 comment:

  1. If you haven't read/heard them yet, the audio books for the "His Dark Materials" series (The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife, and The Amber Spyglass) by Phillip Pullman are really great. They pretty much have a full cast doing all of the voices. LOVE the books, but the movie was pretty terrible in comparison.

    I will have to check out The Help!

    ReplyDelete