Monday, March 22, 2010

Things over here....

Well, we're enjoying spring (summer?!) over here, 47 robins and all.  It is a little grey-ish and a bit chilly today, but wasn't the weather last week just wonderful?  Sandeep did challenge the weather gods this weekend by putting the snowblower away, so everyone can blame him if we get a blizzard now.  : ) 

My little purple crocuses are blooming beautifully - I love the way they come up just as soon as the snow melts, whenever that is!  I picture them under the ground all winter, crouched and ready to spring out at a moment's notice:  "Now?  How about now?  Now?!?"  I put the bulbs in years ago and, reposing a little too much trust in the catalog description of how freely they would spread , I planted them in a sort of one-foot grid pattern.  They haven't spread one bit since, so they do look a little odd, each little clump standing at a polite distance from its neighbors.  Given their location in the center of our driveway, assaulted by sand every winter and planted in already poor soil, I guess I should be glad they're still alive at all!

Molly kept lying on top of the ever-shrinking snow pile last week, looking like she was trying to guard it from melting.  However, now that the snow is all gone, she has again taken up her favorite spring/summer/fall sport: digging!  She's already excavated two BIG holes; it's worth having to fill them up later to see her out there, paws flying furiously.  She pulls out the stubborn clumps of roots and grass with her mouth, and then looks up with a big, muddy, doggy grin!

Happy spring to you all!

love, Jess, and Sandeep and Molly

1 comment:

  1. It was gorgeous last week! Dig, Molly, dig!~Hannahoot

    ReplyDelete