Friday, May 21, 2010

Ducks!

 They're here! Three little fluffy bundles of cuteness! Oscar, Mirrin and Tucka....all girls. Oscar is Oscar because that duck name has been in my mom's family for....well, this Oscar is Oscar the Fifth. She and Mirrin are White Pekins, and have quite the big personallities! Tucka is the more reserved, calm, and quiet Indian Runner. Oscar is my mom's, Matt's (Happy Birthday to him!) is Mirrin, and I, of course, have Tucka. You could kill half a day just watching them--their antics! They have this little tail wiggle that they seem to do everytime they fall over or trip, as if to say, "I meant to do that, really I did!"...Matt calls it the "Self-Importent Wriggle".

Thought I'd share some of the cuteness, since we have such an abundance :). ~Hannahoot

This is Oscar!
  That's Mirrin in front, followed by Tucka and then Oscar.

3 comments:

  1. That is DEFINITELY an abundance of cuteness! Look at little Mirrin standing there so proudly... They look very, very soft. And I think it's very useful to have a self-important wiggle - do you think that would work for me every time I trip or run into something, too?
    I also think Tucka is the best duck name ever. No Hermux, though? :)
    love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry - wriggle, of course, not wiggle!
    -J

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried the wriggle yesterday when I lost my balance (I was just standing!) and fell....Mom says it doesn't have the same effect. :) No Hermux--we didn't want to have too many,~ because then they aren't so attached to you...
    ~Hannahoot

    ReplyDelete