Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Too busy...but the ends in sight!

2 more days of work...2 more days of work!  First vacation since NC!  YIPPPEEEE! 

I've been putting in many hours at work.  Some big system wide projects plus my own job.  Looking forward to 11 mornings to wake up and NOT have to rush out the door.  I have plans to sit on my back stoop, drinking tea and listening to the birds.  I miss my early mornings at home. 

I now have 13 lasagna beds made...one of the beds has really started to break down into the loveliest soil.  Greens are up enough for me to snack on while I'm making the other beds.  I transplanted some strawberries and brussel sprouts are in as well.  Planted some potatoes, lasagna style and have high hopes.  Even trying sweet potatoes this year!  Peas have started popping through as well.  Happy happy happy!

We have plans to go up Ascutney on the 29th with the Ascutney Trails Association for the annual picnic.  I'm looking forward to this.  The ATA has a great video on Youtube about the history of the mountain.  The picnic has been happening off and on for over 100 years, I believe.  One year there was a marching band and about 100 hikers...women in their long gowns and fancy hats.  The pictures are great.  Take a look if you get a chance.

Love to all....Ali

3 comments:

  1. Will anybody else be going to the ATA picnic? I'm watching ONE of the videos on Youtube....I can't wait! Hmmm....how hard do you think it would be to hike in one of my '40s dresses? I'd still wear my Vibrams of course :)!~Hannahoot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great vacation, Ali! This may sound strange, but what, pray tell, is a lasagna bed? Or how does one go about making them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, happy vacation!
    Did the marching band have to play while they hiked? That seems to be asking a lot, especially for the wind and brass instruments...the tuba... :)
    love, Jess

    ReplyDelete