Ah, peace and quiet, a bit of time to myself...I'm resisting the urge to work...or work-out.
I've been researching crafts! What fun! The kids and I are involved with a weekly homeschoolers group and it affords me some sit-down chat time. Lovely. I am hoping to find a craft to bring along with me. Of course, I get ahead of myself and my expectations for what I'm actually capable of doing is probably unrealistic. I would really love to do some hooked rugs like Pat, but am thinking that I'm going to do some latch hooking to begin with. I also have had a braided rug project that I've wanted to do as well, using some wool from one of my dad's suits. Also found some great projects with recycled materials here
http://www.craftpassion.com/2010/03/recycle-tutorial-braided-rag-rug.html
Jess, I went looking for your favorite blog, but I can't find it. I know I bookmarked it...just can't find it anywhere...can you send it to me again?
We're involved with a couple homeschool groups this year. Our weekly group meets in Charlestown. Both kids love it...as do I. The family who hosts it every week have a historical gun replica business. Not sure that's the way to phrase it, but....they are involved with Fort # 4 and also do reenactments. They have a personal collection of WWII guns, flags etc...he recently did a talk at the VFW and had all on display. Very interesting and touching...a great way to learn history. They also have a small farm...or more of a homestead. We seem to fit in.
We are also involved with an Upper Valley group. May's cousin, actually, is very involved and has been for years. They have a teen-group that meets monthly. Han and I went in September, had a great time and look forward to next month.
They also have a group that includes all ages which meets at least 2 times a month. This week we went to a Halloween party complete with Trunk or Treating. Each family decorated their vehicle's trunk and opened them up to Trunk or Treating. It was our first time with the larger group and a bit overwhelming, but I think it had to do with the excess of sugar....
Work continues to be crazy...not going there today...it's Sunday, right? As far as a farm job it looks like the daily stuff will soon be coming to an end. Beth is likely going to be moving back here and will be doing the chores herself. She has months of projects for Arn though. Including, Dave, making an inventory of the farm equipment. Arn will probably be talking to you about it soon, she is definitely looking to get rid of it. I personally am looking forward to staying in my warm cozy home this winter and not having to leave every night at dusk! Yippee!!!
It was wonderful to see everyone last weekend at Fisher Fest....great company, great food....looking forward to next time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment