Sunday, April 17, 2011

Molly the Mole-Menace, sort of...

Molly encountered - in fact, dug up! - her first live, wild animal on Friday: a mole.  She's such an avid digger, and such a fierce killing-shaker of socks and small toys, that I've always wondered what she would do if she did, one day, meet a little prey-type animal.  SO...first, she leapt back!  Eeek! A mole!  Then, she watched it cautiously as it blundered around in circles.  Then, she carefully followed it, and prodded it with her nose a bit.  Then she watched it again.  Then I picked her up so the poor mole could hide itself in the grass. 

Question answered.  It's a good thing Molly doesn't live in the wild.  She prefers grass-fed, organic Lillie Brook Farm beef, cooked, to mole meat.  But really, who doesn't?  : )

In other news, construction (well, deconstruction first, I guess - big machines are digging up the driveway) FINALLY started on our Dover office project on Friday!  Yippee!

love, Jess, Sandeep, and miss Molly, who thinks that now she has faced a fearsome mole, she might be ready for...Zeb!

1 comment:

  1. Heehee, congrats, Molly! My kitty Thomas spends most spring on the back hill, staring at the mole mounds, and he's still only caught one in the 3 years that we've had him! Despite that confused, slow pace of theirs, moles are not easy to catch :D


    Well, Mr. Zeb is QUITE excited to meet Molly....and he's learned some new tricks I'm sure he'd love to show off!

    I'm going to try and get more pix up later....and maybe, MAYBE a video ;)

    *hugs&puppykisses*
    ~Hannahoot&Zeb

    ReplyDelete