Sunday, March 7, 2010

Games!!

Perhaps the most heated Scrabble game in history! My mum and dad are playing right now...I just heard: "No, no! My ox was there! You came in and put your taco on my ox!" right now it's dictionary issues.....alright, who considers "Zen" or "Taco" a word? BTW, they're using an 30 year old dictionary.....~Hannahoot

9 comments:

  1. Not that it matters now, as I am pretty sure (perhaps hopeful) the scrabble game isn't going on anymore...

    While "Zen" is not a recognized legal scrabble word (technically it is a proper noun, I believe), "taco" IS a legal word.

    Just because a word is foreign doesn't mean it isn't a legal Scrabble term! While a lot of words may not be an acceptable word, more and more words are! Bushido, daikon, yakuza, even Pachinko are all examples. One of the best two-letter words is foreign, Qi!

    For all your word-dispute needs, you can refer to Hasbro's Official SCRABBLE® Players Dictionary, 4th Edition

    . . . I love playing Scrabble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is over now....after a 2 hour discussion! Hmm...Scrabble is very different then Bananagrams! Thanks for the input!~Hannahoot

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is, I realize after 29 years, impossible to win any argument with a Lillie male. At least in real time....errr. Of course he is at least playing games with me now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea what Bananagrams are.... Unless it is a telegram that comes written on a banana?

    And also, if you can get your hands on it, Scrabble Slam (a card game version) is really fun, and fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bananagrams is a WONDERFUL game - it's been our favorite word game for some time now. It comes in a banana-shaped pouch, but don't hold that against it... :)
    love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bananagrams is awesome! Scrabble Slam..hmmm....wait, yes, I have it! We played once, and it was quite fun.....we'll have to play it again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The reason there are two removed comments is that I am a really, really bad typer (not sure if it's a word, but I'll go with it!) in the morning....Silly me.~Hannahoot

    ReplyDelete