So, here it is, March already! Wow....whoever posts after me is the 100th Owl to post! Ok, so......
I planted peppers and mesclun today, played checkers with Matt, did some sword-fighting.....So it's been a nice day!
We are still selling our horses, (our land doesn't support them) and we have quite a few people interested so far. It makes me sad to sell them, but I definitely learned something these past 2 years.....I prefer poultry to horses! I went from horse-crazed to chicken-crazed....instead of "Equine.com" it's "Feathersite"....instead of "Horse and Rider" it's the Murray McMurray catalog. So this spring we're getting ducks....for Matt and I, where as the horses were just for me. So that's the animal update.....now for the recommendations!
Book recommendation for the week: Through the Eyes of a Raptor
It's really good, full of Celtic myths and traditions, magic, humor, mystery....it even starts out in Vermont! I have to admit, I can really see myself in the protagonist....just something about her that reminds me of myself....Ah well, you'll have to read it and see for yourself! (BTW, it was an Encore! 2.99 book....gotta love those thrifty stores!)
Movie recommendation: His Girl Friday
Cary Grant and Rosalind Russell--It's funny and fast-paced....and a Netflix watch-it-now!
And now, ladies and gentlemen, for my next act I will.....go do farm chores! Yup, it's that time already.....see ya later, thanks for listening to the Ravings of a Chicken Lover...next week on Owlsbook we will be discussing the benefits of raising ducks....(it's starting to sound the NPR!)~Hannahoot
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your day sounds great, Hannie - especially the sword-fighting... :)
ReplyDeleteI ordered the book you recommended right away (thrifty Amazon used book, since Encore is too far away). Now I have to read that and the one your mom loves, which just came in the mail the other day! Yippee for well-loved books!
I do like His Girl Friday. Have you seen Bringing Up Baby? It's one of my favorite old comedies, also with Cary Grant!
Very odd - I posted a comment, and it didn't show up, so I wrote another, then the first one appeared, so I deleted the second...silly.
ReplyDeleteAnd, I forgot to sign my name - the first comment is from me!
Love, Jess
Oh yay! Hip-hip-hooray for books in general! I LOVE Bringing Up Baby--we got it from Netflix a while back and we watched it over and over! Then I got it for Christmas :) I love Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn....they're just awesome.~Hannahoot
ReplyDeleteP.S. The comment not showing up thing has happened to me a few times--it's kinda odd.
AGH! It did that "no show" comment thing again--lets see if this works......
ReplyDelete