Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I need a good cat name.....

Ok, here's the deal...I'm doing a short story for writing today and I need a good name for a cat. He's a quite dramatic, rather fat, sometimes arrogant,  Flame Point Persian. Kind of like this.....Flame Point Persain: Google

My mom says Franc, but I'd still like some more opinions....maybe a combined name? Franc _____
                                                                                                                                         (last name)
1 packet virtual chocolate covered voles to the person (or persons) with the best name!

Thanks :)~Hannahoot

12 comments:

  1. Hi Hannie! I'll think about it some more today but the first two I thought of were Osbert and Algernon.

    For fun and future stories, this is one of the best name websites I know of: http://www.babynamewizard.com/
    It has all sorts of fun tools.

    love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandeep says Frederick.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. If he's a Persian kitty, how about Darius or Xerxes?
    Jess again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, I like those....the hard part will be choosing!Thanks!~Hannahoot

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I think of persian cats, I think of stuffy people... the first name that comes to mind is Francoise, which does have your "Franc" in part of it, obviously.

    I also like the use of Persian names too, Jess. My favorites are Gaspar (also Gaspard), Casper (I know, they are similar), and Arsalan (there was a Persian prince in a movie I saw a long time ago, I don't remember what it was called, named Arsalan, he was pretty.) ^_^ Just a few more names to consider.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and after pulling up the name meanings on one of them baby-name websites, I come to find that a) Gaspard and Casper mean the same thing, "Treasurer"... and b) Arsalan means "Lion", kinda fitting for a big fluffy kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm...Sir Frederick (Franc for short)Xerxes Arsalan..?

    Peaceful King Lion?
    :)thanks~Hannahoot

    ReplyDelete
  8. Virtual voles to everybody--the kitty is now officially named Sir Frederick (Franc) Xerxes Arsalan! I do need some more names for other cats, though, (I'll post pics later...) so keep the ideas coming!

    :D thanks~Hannahoot

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, I need a name for this pretty kitty...

    http://www.wiltshirecatclub.org/images/breeders%20images/silver%20pepe.jpg

    ......she's cool, calm, dignified, sweet but also slightly patronizing :)

    Thanks!~Hannahoot

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops, forgot to add this...it's the front view of ^ that pic....http://www.busykitz.co.uk/images/gallery/pepe/pepe%20head%20shot.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jane, Eloise, Arabella, Frances, Amelia, Eleanor...and my personal favorite for a cat, Claudia! :)
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  12. She reminds me of Minerva McGonagall's animagus form from Harry Potter or even Grizabella from CATS (the musical)... anyway. Here are a couple other name suggestions

    Beatrix, Gracie, Alice, Andromeda, Zoey, Freyja, Juno, and Clarice.

    .... Tick-tock, Clarice.

    ReplyDelete