Friday, March 26, 2010

a little warning.......

Patty and I finally gave up and took a day off yesterday.  It was a gorgeous day for a hike, with the air crisp and clean, and no snow to impede our progress.  We covered a good portion of our land at Obrien Road and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.   Now for the bad news.  On the way home I felt something on my pant leg.  I absent mindedly picked it up and was shocked to find that it was a cute little tick.  Later in the evening Pat found another one crawling across her hand.  I would never have guessed that they could be out so early in the season, but was wrong on that one.  Hopefully the near zero temps tonight will do some of the little devils in.  Anyway, just thought I would pass along a warning to keep an eye out for them.  Always better to get them before they get you.
 
Dave

1 comment:

  1. Nasty little buggers...my (barely) year old cousin Ava had !2! on her after going for just a short walk....Eat 'em up chickens!~Hannahoot

    ReplyDelete