Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Much better....

  It's so much better over here--all that horse-selling stress over with, no more sickness, and it's sunny. I even got to go Micheal's yesterday and get more canvases, (which I really needed, since the lady the we care-take the farm for, Beth, has somebody down in Boston that wants to buy one of my chicken paintings) including a 36" by 48" canvas that I've already started painting. I'll post some pictures when it's finished :). 

  So, yes, the horses are in a new (less muddier, therefore better) home down in CT.......it's been a little sad, but it's alot less stress on my family. And Sammy gets his field back, so he should be much happier as well. It was really what was best for everybody.


 Hope everybody is doing good (despite some angry and spiteful weather gods :) and I'm looking forward to the next Lillie gathering......hmmm, maybe kite flying instead of sledding?*grins*~Hannahoot

4 comments:

  1. Don't worry, Hannie - it was only a little weather spanking for us - just a few hours of gray and snow, and now it's sunny and windy here! I very much want to see a photo - or lots of photos - of your chicken painting(s).

    I was thinking that I wanted to recommend some books to you. They're historical novels written some time ago - the author is Kenneth Roberts, and my favorite among them is titled Oliver Wiswell, but they're all wonderful. They mostly take place around northern New England around the late 1700's. I was about your age when I read the first of them, and I've loved all of them ever since!

    love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will post some soon....I just finished the 48" by 36" painting today---it, a surprise to me, actually turned out as a landscape painting rather then one of my chicken ones.....however, those pictures, as well as the chicken ones, will be posted, er, post-haste :)

    Those sound good--I'll definitely look into them! Thanks~Hannahoot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kite party? Sign me up! But I will have to find a kite. :-)

    Love May

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have extra kites! And a few toy airplane thingies that are fun to fly but never go in the direction that you were hoping...it's all good, though. :)~Hannahoot

    ReplyDelete