I haven't had a lot of computer time of late...lots of work time :(
We had a lovely time fishing at The Farm yesterday. Lot's of bites, but we didn't catch anything...still so beautiful and relaxing.
Since we no longer have our horses I've been looking to take back my garden space. I've been planning several lasagna beds with the hopes of expanding through the years to Permaculture guilds. I'm also trying to satisfy my need for a children's garden with plans to plant a sunflower house, among other wishes. My biggest problem is how to keep the chickens out. I'm hoping to start building my beds this week...but then that remains to be seen. Don't hold me to it!
Today we have my friend's daughters here and the kids are having a ball. They've been outside for hours...right now they are headed back out for some archery. We've done experiments, made bread, and collected frogs eggs ...so fun! Belgian waffles for supper after a very tiring day!
Jess and Sandeep, congratulations on your building acquisition! I'm anxious to hear of all your plans...
Time to make waffles, clean my very messy kitchen, and make sure the arrows are being pointed at the target!
Love to all~Ali
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Does a lasagna garden...grow lasagne? Do you think I can plant a chocolate cake garden? :)
ReplyDeletelove, Jess
So glad you're back, by the way - we missed you!
ReplyDeleteJess
Yup...I've found it's the quickest way to make cheese! Well, I would make a chocolate cake garden...BUT...it would never compare to Jess's chocolate cake!
ReplyDeleteAww, shucks... :)
ReplyDeleteI can't really take credit for the tastiness of the chocolate cake, though. The credit really belongs to the four sticks of butter, I'm afraid...
I read about the lasagna garden online - it sounds like a great idea! Just what we need over here, with our sad little layer of sandy soil and ROCKS.
J