Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A new addition

Hey everybody,

 Well, it's been about 3 months since we lost my sweet, wonderful Sammy boy, and we've been feeling the loss of that doggy companionship quite a lot recently. So, a little over a week ago, we decided that we'd like to add a new member to our family---in the form of a Golden Retriever puppy. Saturday we went and visited a litter in Keene, and fell in love with this handsome little pup....


He's 6 weeks old there.....and already a pretty big boy. We'll be bringing him home April 9th....I'm so excited!

As for his name.....well, that's a bit of a dilemma. We can't decide/agree between Tenzing, Opie, Fezzik, or Zeb. What's your vote?


I still miss my Sammy dog. So very much. But making another doggy friend will help, I think.


Can't wait to see you all soon! (Did I hear someone mention hamburgers?)

~Hannahoot



P.S. Come April 9th, be prepared for an onslaught of puppy pictures filling up Owlsbook : ) You have been warned. There will be an abundance of fluffy cuteness.

8 comments:

  1. Just so you know, when I saw this picture, I made a squealing noise that caused Molly to leap from the couch and look at me in alarm. : ) YIPPEE - PUPPY! I'll work on preparing myself to see the puppy picture onslaught quietly and calmly...I think one or more per day would help me to build up a resistance...

    I vote Tenzing, with Zeb in second place. Sandeep likes Tenzing too but says Fezzik is also in the running.

    And, congratulations!

    love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes....an overdose of fluffy cuteness can often cause side effects such as squealing, giggling, ooohing, ahhhhing, and general zealous behavior towards puppies.


    Tenzing is our favorite too! We love the meaning of it....."Equilibrium in all essence"

    Thanks!

    xoxo,
    Hannahoot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that what it means? That's really lovely... I thought maybe you were just expressing your high hopes for him as a mountain-climber! : )
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heehee, that too....actually, it was my dad's idea....and it really seemed to suit the puppy!

    EEK! 1 week!

    HH

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm assuming you got Tenzing from the famous sherpa? Cute. Fezzik is also cute, and while golden retrievers do get to be pretty huge, I'm not sure if it fits a doggy. HOWEVER, it would be fun to say, "Fezzik, tear his arms off." and have him trained to attack something. And then telling the puppy that he's on the Brute Squad. That'd be cool. I personally wouldn't be able to hold back the onslaught of Princess Bride quotes.

    While both of those are interesting names, I really like Opie honestly. But that might just kinda relate to the fact that if I ever get the corgi I have been wanting for years, I'm going to name it Arlo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A coworker just got a golden retrieve puppy in the last few months. They named it Scout Montgomery

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of the Princess Bride, wouldn't Wesley be more appropriate for a golden retriever?
    : )
    love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup, Tenzing was one of my dad's ideas, but he changed his mind last week.

    ...Wesley was one of my first choices, but it got a thumbs down from Mom and Dad.....

    Haha, considering how much we quote Princess Bride already....I think a puppy named Fezzik or Wesley would be quite confused at how many times his name was spoken...

    Well, I guess you'll find out what name we FINALLY decided on VERY SOON. Hint: Cuteness ahead.

    ~HH

    ReplyDelete