Sunday, April 10, 2011

A testament to a grandfather's love

 In order to truly understand the depths of a grandfather's love one would have to witness a true "germ-a-phobe" gratefully eating onions picked off a cold pizza by a 3 year old granddaughter and handed to him with the same hands that have spent the afternoon handling baby bunnies and who knows what else and doing it without choking.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that IS a lot of love. "Cheese and onion and germ pizza, Grampa?" : )

    I know just how you feel, too. I happily drank water that those same little hands had been fishing in...

    A new definition for Luna-cy: cheerfully disregarding one's own well-being out of besottedness with Luna! And even our family psychiatrist can't help, since he suffers from it as well.

    Hee hee!

    Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe I have a sever case of Luna-cy. I spent quite a while yesterday pawing through woodchips to find the one that was an "Ice cream" :).....I could never seem to get though....everything I pulled up was "Nooo, that's a piece of wood *giggle giggle*....try THAT one!"....yet I enjoyed every minute of it!

    I was also quite happy to dig through several layers of who-knows-what's-on-these playground woodchips, to find that one pinecone that was "money" so I could "pay" for my special spinach french fries (pine needles)....


    Heehee, I had a ton of fun playing with Miss Luna at the Commons....I hope we can do it again sometime!

    ~Hannahoot

    ReplyDelete