Tickodermaphobia:
The persistent fear that ticks might be walking around on your skin, exacerbated by going outdoors for as little as 5 seconds, which causes marked emotional distress, nightmares, and occasional sudden flailing and frantic checking of clothes. The disorder is frequently accompanied by the delusional feeling of tiny tick-y footsteps.
Eeek!
Happy Spring, everyone!
love, Jess and Sandeep, and Molly the research assistant
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mites can be just as bad....and they come in the hundreds! Luckily, they don't suck human blood....
ReplyDeleteBut, yes, I too suffer from Tickodermaphobia. The treatment? Hide in a bathtub full of boiling water. Flush yourself down the toilet. ANYTHING to get rid of those tiny marching feet!!!!!!
~Hannahoot and the various ticks that are SURELY watching my every move...
My own case of tickodermaphobia became worse after I washed clothes we had worn to work outside, found a live (but presumably very clean) tick crawling on a pair of pants as I Hung them on the clothesline, then came indoors and found another on the washing machine. *shudder* They're waterproof!
ReplyDeleteLove, Jess - trying not to wriggle as I type!
I suffer, I suffer! Yes! I am a tickodermaphobic! I may EVEN be hypertickodermaphobic!~Ali
ReplyDeleteHypertickodermaphobication--the new SupercalifragelisTICK...
ReplyDelete~HH
With this family Sandeep can be the nations leading hypertickadermaphobicologist.
ReplyDeleteI also suffer from the Heebie-Jeebies, especially when reading about water-proof ticks...can Sandeep treat that as well?~Ali
ReplyDeleteNot very successfully - I'm afraid he suffers from it as well, and no cure has been found yet. But I like his new title - hee hee!
ReplyDeleteJ